The quality of the wine starts within the vineyard. Therefore, not only are our vineyards located in privileged places to produce great wines, but also they are high-density plantings, with a range of 5500 to 7000 plants per hectare.
The D’Aulan family, former owner of the famous Champagne house Piper Heidsieck, produces wine in several wine growing regions around the world, from France – their country of origin – to Hungary and Argentina, where they arrived in the search of unique terroirs for wine production. Alta Vista winery was created in 1998. The result is the perfect combination of French savoir-faire and Argentine passion.
Points of Distinction
- Named among the top 5 wineries in Argentina in Robert Parkers wine guide
- All Alta Vista vineyards are located at least 3200 feet above sea level
- All grapes are hand picked
- Alta Vista Alto rated 92 points or higher for every vintage since 2002 by major wine publications
- Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temmis was selected as one of the Five Best wines in 2015 annual top 100 list
Argentina, Mendoza and Salta
d’Ulan family, former owners of the renowned Champagne house Piper-Heidsieck for close to 150 years.
Dider Debano, previously the winemaker at Chateau Sansonnet and consulted at ChateauClinrt and Chateau Croix du Casse in Pomerol with Jean Michel Arcaute, one of the most respected wine makers in Bordeaux.